What is naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that uses evidence-based research and natural treatment methods to address a variety of acute and chronic health conditions. The underlying principle of naturopathic medicine is to treat the root cause of the disease by stimulating the innate healing power of the body. Naturopathic doctors take the time to evaluate all aspects of a person, including physical health, mental well-being, & social/environmental factors, in order to develop customized treatment plans that best address the person's needs.
Why visit a naturopath?
If you're looking for answers to your health concerns, are having symptoms that are odd - such as inexplicable fatigue, sickness, or just don't feel 'right', and you want to have an active role in your health, visiting a naturopathic doctor may be right for you. Naturopathic doctors spend a significant amount time with their patients addressing all health concerns; you won't be limited to 10 minute visits or 1 health question per visit. By assessing all factors contributing to health, naturopathic doctors develop customized treatment plans that work and last.
What conditions/illness do naturopathic doctors treat?
Naturopathic medicine can address and treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions, including but not limited to:
- Mental health & mood disorders such as anxiety and depression
- Digestive concerns such as heartburn, gas/bloating, chronic constipation, food sensitivities/allergies
- Stress and fatigue
- Women's health concerns such as PMS/painful periods, PCOS, hormonal imbalances, menopausal symptoms, low libido
- Sleep disorders such as insomnia, restless leg syndrome, snoring
- Infections such as common colds and flu, earache, sore throat
- Pregnancy and fertility concerns such as pre-conception support, IVF transfer support, post-partum depression, infertility in both males and females
- Skin conditions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, cold sores, candidia/fungal infections
- Childhood concerns such as teething, colic, feeding and sleep routine support, constipation/diarrhea
- Allergies including seasonal and environmental allergies, food senstivities and intolerances
- Headaches and migraines due to tension, hormonal imbalances, or sinus congestion
- Weight management
What services do naturopathic doctors offer?
Naturopathic doctors are trained to diagnose, treat, and manage health issues using a variety of techniques and treatment methods including:
Physical Examinations and Orthopedic Testing
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Nutrition and Lifestyle Counselling
For more information about naturopathic treatments click here